Your kitchen is the heart of your home, so there’s no space more deserving of a luxurious upgrade that reflects your style and current design trends.
Design Ideas in 2023
With lockdowns behind us, now is the perfect time to transform your kitchen into an area that facilitates entertaining, functionality and luxury. Consider these suggestions for upscaling your space:
- Stunning lighting fixtures
- Bold or neutral colour palettes
- Custom cabinetry & millwork
- Statement artwork or features
- High-end appliances
- Gorgeous backsplashes
- Marble & stone countertops
- Integrated technology
Tips for a Luxury Kitchen Project
- Plan ahead: Before starting your project, decide on the look and feel you want to achieve, as well as the functionality you require.
- Set a budget: Determine how much you’re willing to spend and stick to it.
- Choose quality materials: When it comes to luxury kitchens, quality materials are a must.
- Hire professionals: A professional designer will ensure that your project is completed to your specifications and minimise unforeseen problems and costs.
Good lighting is essential in any luxury space, and kitchens are no exception.
- Layer your lighting: Use a combination of task, ambient, and accent lighting to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Consider dimming switches: Installing dimming switches allows you to adjust the brightness of your lights to suit the mood and task at hand.
- Don’t forget the ceiling: Installing a statement light fixture or chandelier will add style and illumination to your kitchen.
Untidiness can take away from a luxury experience; maintain a liveable and homely space without the clutter by storing away items you don’t use regularly and investing in smart storage solutions.
You’re likely to use your kitchen to prepare and serve food on a daily basis, so it needs to be convenient and usable. Consider ways you can increase functionality based on your specific kitchen usage and habits, such as installing a hands-free faucet or pot filler.
Incorporate Natural Materials
Luxury spaces utilise quality, natural materials to add an elevated, elegant and open aesthetic.
- Use natural stone countertops: Marble, granite and soapstone are all popular choices for luxury kitchen countertops.
- Add a natural wood accent: Consider incorporating wood elements, such as cabinetry, into your kitchen design.
- Bring in greenery: Potted plants, flowers or herbs can add a touch of nature to your kitchen.
Panel Your Dishwasher
Dishwashers can take up a lot of space, and they aren’t pretty appliances, so they often break up the visual continuity and draw attention from your base cabinets. Instead, add a custom panel to match your cabinetry and make your dishwasher look like a built-in appliance.
Incorporating your personal style into your kitchen is vital to help you feel comfortable in the space.
- Incorporate personal items: Display family photos, heirlooms or other personal items in your kitchen to make it feel like home.
- Add a statement piece: Incorporate a statement piece, such as a vintage rug, antique table or bold artwork, to make your kitchen feel unique.
- Use colour: Colour is a simple way to express your personal style and can be incorporated through elements like towels, decorative books and flowers.
- Pay attention to current trends, but utilise more timeless designs for permanent fixtures
- Select cabinetry details that match the architectural design of your home